Imagine a scenario, you take out your phone and make an urgent call… and guess what.. you get error message as “Not Registered on Network”.
This issue is caused because you might have damaged your EFS Partition. This mostly occurs if you try to install Custom Rom, you tend to loose your IMEI and Modem related files.
Nothing to worry! you can solve this issue by these proven methods.
(Disclaimer: Try at your risk. IngeniousIndeed is not responsible for any unwanted consequences to your device)
(How to flash Stock Rom for Samsung Devices?)
- Try flashing Stock ROM using Odin software. You can download the latest firmware available for your device from: www.sammobile.com
- download Odin software from: http://odindownload.com/
- Now open Odin.exe, Click ‘AP’ or ‘PDA’(for older Odin version) option and locate ‘…tar.md5’ from the firmware zip file you just downloaded from Sammobile.
4) Now connect your device in downloading mode. For downloading mode, press ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ + ‘Volume down button’ together, then press ‘Volume up’ button to continue. Your device should be shown as connected as shown below. Now just to be on safer side, click ‘Option’ button to ensure ‘Re-partition’ is not checked. After all this done, click ‘Start’ to begin flashing stock Rom.
Note: If your device is not getting detected, then you need to install ‘Samsung USB Drivers’. Just google it, install and try the procedure again.
5) Click ‘Start’ , sit back and relax till the Rom gets flashed. It will take nearly 10 mins to get the job done. Once over, you will get green notification in Odin software as ‘Pass’. Your device will reboot and its ready to use.
If still you are getting the message as ‘Not registered on Network’, you need to install Modem as mentioned below.
Note: If you are getting your correct IMEI no.(Check pressing *#06#) and still getting this error, you can opt directly to Method 2.
- You need to install a custom recovery on your device. Either TWRP or Clockworkmode recovery. Download as per your device, Flash it using Odin.
- Now download following files (Modem and Kernel zip files) here.
- Power off your device and pres ‘Power’ + ‘Home’ + ‘Volume Up button’ to start your device on Recovery mode.
- Now install zip downloaded zip files using recovery tool, and reboot your device.
This should solve your problems. For any query or suggestion, do write to us.