Micromax Canvas Unit 2 – A106 is indeed a great model within 7k price segment. The phone was introduced in 2014 with a dual sim capability and features 4.7 inch screen size (400 x 800 pixels), and Kitkat 4.4.2 as base firmware which is upgradable to Lollipop 5.0.
But after upgrading to Android Lollipop 5.0, the device faced some serious storage issue. The phone is now hardly able to install more than 10 apps, more often you get a notification like ‘Device Storage Full’. Well officially you cant do anything about this. Still you can repartition your phone storage to increase your app storage, however this method may brick your device and hence you need to be more cautious before following this method. If your are brave enough to take a chance, IngeniousIndeed have a solution for you.
Repartition your Micromax Canvas Unite-2 (A106)
Disclaimer: Perform this method at your own risk. This method may brick your device. We are not responsible for any unwanted consequences.
What you need:
Note: Its better to take EFS backup before proceeding or else you may face network issues. Well i personally didn’t faced any such issue doing this. But its up to you. Its better to take precaution than to regret later. Perform the task at your own risk.
Steps to Repartition Micromax Canvas Unite 2 – A106
- Install mediaTek drivers properly so that SP Flash Tool detects your phone. You can google it to properly install MediaTek drivers to your PC.
- Copy files ‘EBR1’, ‘EBR2’, ‘MT6582_Android_scatter.txt’ from folder ‘5_GB_A106_LOLLIPOP_OTA’ and replace original stock firmware files in the folder ‘A106_Lollipop_OTA_Firmware’.
3) Now run SP Flash Tool, clicking ‘flash_tool.exe’ from the folder ‘SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01’, and click ‘Scatter-Loading’ button.
4) Now select file ‘MT6582_Android_scatter.txt’ from the folder ‘A106_Lollipop_OTA_Firmware’ as shown below. (This is the folder where you have replaced 3 files: ‘EBR1’, ‘EBR2’, ‘MT6582_Android_scatter.txt’).
5) Now Select ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option and then click ‘Download’ Button as shown below.
6) Now you are ready for the action. Remove the battery, and connect your phone to PC. System will start upgrading your phone with the desired partition. (Note: If your system doesn’t detect your phone after removing your batter, insert the battery and connect it to the PC in Switch off mode.)
The process will not take more than 5 minutes. After the process is done, SP Flash tool will give you a confirmation with a ‘Green Tick’ popup message. Now you have enough storage to install your favorite apps as shown in the preview images.